Friday, March 28, 2008

Miley Cyrus

We figured that superduperstar Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana/Made in Disney deserved a couple minutes of our time to discuss our entire knowledge of her life, work and general existence:

2 minutes on Miley Cyrus
by HighTimeForCrime
Alright, so I don’t know a damn thing about Miley Cyrus other than she is Billy Ray Cyrus’ daughter and she is apparently huge with pre-teens and teens, and Grady.
But I don’t need to hear anything other than that she’s Billy Ray’s kid, because he sucks. And any alleged spawn of talent of his also sucks. Kid’s tv today sucks. 90’s tv WAS the shit.


by DoNoUhOh

I just do not get it. Maybe this is me getting old. I’ve watched 30 seconds of Hannah Montana and was like what the fuck is this. It was like the actors were all hopped up on Ritalin. I guess that’s why the kids love it. They can relate to that shit. The schizophrenia is also very relatable. She’s Miley Cyrus and Hannah Montana. Once you hit it big aren’t you supposed to choose your permanent identity? Isn’t this what all famous biopics are about? The conflict between personas and how the rich asshole always wins but then the sensitive small time artist makes a comeback? What’s the deal with Miley Cyrus on this? But she’s a multimillionaire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Miley.... the constant topic of debate in my life. None of my friends understand how I can like her, but I think it's pretty simple. Anyone that works as tirelessly as she does, (honestly Disney works their starlets like no other company would) and performs catchy, wholesome music, I'm fine with. She's not an "artist" and she's not pretending to be. She works hard and she's good at what she does. Anyway, I fully support Disney stars- I'd rather my little sister have a crush on Zac Efron than on Justin Timberlake...

All this said, the blog is really cool. The concept is awesome. Is there a way to know which of you is writing for two minutes at any given time, though? JW