Thursday, April 3, 2008

Detlef Schrempf

Young Detlef was well known for his flat top haircut and his whiteness. The truth is he should have been known for looking like a wimpy Drago. And his three point shooting and general euro big manness. Meaning he was a bit of a pansy but highly skilled. Of course if all of the above weren't quite true would anyone remember? Here's the two minutes:

2 minutes on Detlef Shrempf
by HightimeForCrime
Isn’t it kinda weird to think that just a shade over a decade ago the Sonics were in the finals. Payton and Kemp were nasty. Shawn Kemp then gained about 100 pounds and fathered several children. Oh reign man, you silly bastard.


2 minutes on Detlef Schrempf

by DoNoUhOh

What an awesome European dude. At least I think he was European. I’m not really sure. I don’t know much about him other than that he was white and badass. And that he was unbelievable in NBA Live 96 or 97 or sometime back in the day of the Sonics not sucking. Those were the days before the evils of Clay Bennet. What is happening in Seattle right now is a travesty and that’s that.

1 comment:

thenoblesavage said...

I miss Detlef Schrempf. The name alone makes him badass. What made him even more badass is that as a young boy I would always play NBA Jam T.E. using the Sonics. And if either The Glove or Kemp got tired I would just bring Detlef off the bench and he would drain shots from the many hotspots on the court. I miss you Detlef. I could always count on your scrawny little virtual body to propel me to victory if I was ever in a NBA Jam induced pickle. Wherever you are I hope you're well.